REGISTER HERE: Emerging Issues Forum
UNL Economic Impact Study
A recent impact study by University of Nebraska-Lincoln economists reveals Nebraska’s ethanol production capacity growth between 1995 and 2014 is tenfold. The results of the “Economic Impacts of the Ethanol Industry in Nebraska” study were released during a April 2015 press conference.
The Nebraska Ethanol Board’s mission is to establish procedures and processes necessary to the manufacturing and marketing of ethanol fuel. The board accomplishes this by:
- Analyzing marketing process and test procedures to assure acceptance in the
- Cooperating with industry professionals to establish privately-owned agriculture ethyl alcohol plants.
- Sponsoring research and development of industrial and commercial uses for ethanol and its byproducts.
- Promoting state and national air quality improvement programs and influencing legislation that encourages the use of renewable fuels.
- Promoting the use of renewable ethanol as a partial replacement for imported oil to ensure the energy security of the country.
The Nebraska Ethanol Board continues to strengthen Nebraska’s leadership in the ethanol industry through:
- Rural development of Nebraska communities.
- State and national policy leadership.
- Single-source assistance for ethanol developers.
- Site development and assessment.
- Ethanol, distillers grains and environmental research.
- Consumer education and promotional programs.