Renewable Fuels Month (May)
Hear what Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts and Angela Tin, American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest, have to say about the many benefits of using renewable fuels:
UNL Economic Impact Study
A recent impact study by University of Nebraska-Lincoln economists reveals Nebraska’s ethanol production capacity growth between 1995 and 2014 is tenfold. The results of the “Economic Impacts of the Ethanol Industry in Nebraska” study were released during a April 2015 press conference.
The Nebraska Ethanol Board’s mission is to establish procedures and processes necessary to the manufacturing and marketing of ethanol fuel. The board accomplishes this by:
- Analyzing marketing process and test procedures to assure acceptance in the
- Cooperating with industry professionals to establish privately-owned agriculture ethyl alcohol plants.
- Sponsoring research and development of industrial and commercial uses for ethanol and its byproducts.
- Promoting state and national air quality improvement programs and influencing legislation that encourages the use of renewable fuels.
- Promoting the use of renewable ethanol as a partial replacement for imported oil to ensure the energy security of the country.
The Nebraska Ethanol Board continues to strengthen Nebraska’s leadership in the ethanol industry through:
- Rural development of Nebraska communities.
- State and national policy leadership.
- Single-source assistance for ethanol developers.
- Site development and assessment.
- Ethanol, distillers grains and environmental research.
- Consumer education and promotional programs.