The Nebraska Ethanol Board’s mission is to establish procedures and processes necessary to the manufacturing and marketing of ethanol fuel. The board accomplishes this by:
- Analyzing marketing processes and testing procedures to assure acceptance in the marketplace.
- Cooperating with industry professionals to establish privately-owned agriculture ethyl alcohol plants.
- Sponsoring research and development of industrial and commercial uses for ethanol and its byproducts.
- Promoting state and national air quality improvement programs and influencing legislation that encourages the use of renewable fuels.
- Promoting the use of renewable ethanol as a partial replacement for imported oil to ensure the energy security of the country.
The Nebraska Ethanol Board continues to strengthen Nebraska’s leadership in the ethanol industry through:
- State and national policy leadership
- Consumer education and promotional programs
- Economic development of Nebraska communities
- Single-source assistance for ethanol developers
- Site development and assessment
- Ethanol, distillers grains and environmental research